Monday, September 26, 2011

My First Knit & Crochet Show (Overwhelmed)

Bronna brought to our attention earlier in the summer about the Knit & Crochet Show coming to Greensboro. Of course I had never been to one and thought it would be fun if a group of us (Pat, Joyce, Wanda, Pam) could get together and see what it was all about. I missed my friends, Dawn  and Laurie who could not go with us on Friday. Our LYS, Knit Picky was going to have a booth there. Well talk about a kid in a candy store, I was overwhelmed and couldn't stop going from booth to booth and touching the yarn. (Course I found out there were lots of people doing the same thing.) I did bring a few things home. Thought you might enjoy see what treasures I found and no, don't ask me when will I get them all done...

Swing Back Shawl (Maggi knits) found it at The Needle Lady
Beautiful blues done in Cotton, Linen, Lurex and Mist Slub

Springtime Bandit Scarf (Kelbourne Woolens) found at Knit Picky Yarns 
Color of Terra-Mint, A baby alpaca,wool,silk blend.
Springtime in Philadelphia (Kelbourne Woolens) found at Knit Picky Yarns
Color of Terra - Dark Indigo
Beautiful Ansel  at Miss Babs
100% Superwash Merino Hand-painted. Pattern to follow later! 

Gosh - I better not show anymore, I will get overwhelmed again.  But my friends who know me, know that I love BAGS...yep, I left with one or maybe ....

Well as you can see, I have some projects waiting on me, and a pretty bag to carry them around in.  I don't think I could handle a bigger Knit Show, well not without lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No comments:

Post a Comment